Free & Affordable Fun

Need Help Paying Bills

Posted on: September 14, 2012

I started this blog about two years ago, on blogger, because I was trying to find resources initially for myself because my money was on a strict diet but later on for my clients.  I am a case manager and I
work with, not for, the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and my clients normally have situations where they need help with basic resources or may want to take their kids places and can’t
afford it.  So I search for things, places, resources or whatever to help these families. Well, there are tons of families I can’t reach personally and you, the reader, may know someone in Cali particularly in the So Cal area that may need bill or rental assistance.

I found an excellent site that can help with providing information on where to get assistance  with paying your bills.  I listed a few of the organizations below and a link to the site.  Enjoy !!!! 🙂

Glendora Welfare Association – This agency only supports Glendora California residents, and it can provide them with financial assistance for paying their rent. It is only offered in an emergency, and residents can only apply for help once. (626) 857-1181.

<strong>Catholic Charities</strong> runs a rental assistance program known as Older Adult Services and Intervention System, or OASIS. Case managers will work with residents, with a focus on seniors, in helping them avoid evictions, find more affordable housing, or pay rent, deposits, or down payments for a new home or apartment. 1531 James M. Wood Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90015, telephone number (213) 251-3400.
<strong>Special Service for Groups</strong> may be able to help people with HIV or AIDS Call (323) 432-4399 and <strong>Aid For Aids</strong> are some resources that can help with housing assistance, help paying rent and utilities, food and groceries, and a pharmacy program to help with some over-the counter medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements.

<strong>Beyond Shelter</strong> is another organization that will help with rent, moving cost, and basic services. You can check out their website or call them at (213) 252-0772.  The goal of Beyond Shelter is to get people beyond public services, homelessness, and poverty.

Cathedral of our Lady of the Angels Charities Program provides emergency assistance. They can provide food aid to people in certain Los Angeles zip codes. In addition, they also offer financial assistance when funding is available and conditions are met. They can provide money for paying rent, utility and water bills, bus tokens, and other financial aid such as funds for paying for prescription drugs and work permits. The programs are targeted towards low income individuals. 213-680-5225.

St. Joseph Family Center, which is based in Gilroy, provides qualified individuals with emergency financial utility bill and rental assistance. Utility payment assistance is available with a 48 hour notice and day bus passes or gasoline vouchers may be also available. Emergency food may also be available. 408-842-6662

The Salvation Army, which has locations throughout LA County including in Santa Monica and Huntington Park, offers numerous assistance programs. Programs offered include utility and rent assistance, and help for medications. 323-587-4221. Additional Salvation Army offices are also located in Compton, Whittier, South Central Los Angeles Office, and Lancaster California. Click here to learn more on the services offered.

Toberman Neighborhood Center (located in San Pedro in Los Angeles County phone 310-832-1145) runs programs including utility bill help, personal goods, holiday assistance, and emergency food.

St. Margarets Center (phone 310-392-8701) provides advocacy and counseling, food, rent and utility bill assistance to people who live in Hawthorne, Inglewood, Lennox and Westchester California.

Brownson House Community Center offers hotel vouchers, food, help for paying energy bills, and other aid. Dial 323-266-3130

The Hollywood California region is supported by the Social Services at Blessed Sacrament. They can direct individuals to rental programs and other financial aid. Call Blessed Sacrament at (323) 871-8042.

West Angeles Community Development Corporation – Apply for financial assistance and grants which may be offered for low-income people who live in South Central Los Angeles and immediate surrounding area. Services include utility bill assistance, rent help, and bus tokens. Landlord/tenant mediation services are also offered for housing issues, including evictions. 3045 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, 90016. Call (323) 733-8300

Glendora Welfare Association – The agency provides emergency financial assistance, free food and shelter to only Glendora California residents. Glendora, 91741, call (626) 857-1181

Special Service For Groups – Older adults can get advocacy, child care, emergency food, HIV/AIDS services, personal goods, holiday assistance, and other services. 605 W. Olympic Blvd., Ste. 600, Los Angeles, California 90015, phone (213) 553-1800

L A County CSS – Florence/Firestone Service Center – The non-profit center provides financial services CalFresh, emergency food, and a wide variety of other services for older adults in the Florence/Firestone area. The center also houses and coordinates other assistance programs. 7807 S. Compton Ave., Los Angeles, 90001

Disabled Resources Center Inc. –People with disabilities may get help. 2750 E. Spring St., Ste. 100, Long Beach, 90806, phone (562) 427-1000

AFL-CIO Community Services Department – Union members in Los Angeles County can get utility bill assistance as well as information and referral to other financial assistance programs, such as rent, housing, and mortgages. 2130 W. James M. Wood Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90006, (213) 985-2000

Chinatown Service Center – This human services organization offers advocacy, free or low cost legal services, family planning services, financial assistance, health services, mental health services, and WIA programs. 767 N. Hill St., Ste. 404, Los Angeles, California, 90012, dial (213) 808-1733

Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center – Seniors over 60 and disabled can apply for services. The programs adult day care, government benefits assistance, case management, congregate meals, legal counseling,  home rehabilitation/repair services, home delivered meals, mutual support groups, prescriptions, tax preparation information, telephone reassurance, a senior ride program, and transportation money. 22900 Market St., Santa Clarita, 91321, call (661) 255-1588

City Of Santa Fe Springs Neighborhood Center For Social Services – Residents over 50 can get assistance including legal counseling in the form of advice, help with tenant/landlord disputes and many other issues. In addition, financial help may be offered for utility bill assistance for customers of the Southern California Edison and the Gas Company. 55 Pioneer Blvd., Santa Fe Springs, California 90670, phone (562) 692-0261

St. Ferdinand Outreach Center – Apply for utility bill and electric assistance from the Gas Assistance Fund (GAF). 1040 Coronel St., San Fernando, 91340, dial (818) 365-3194

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a Federally-funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills.  This is a national program. For further information look on your bill but you can also visit LIHEAP.

There is a ton of organizations that are available to assist you with diffrent services a person just needs to take time and research.  If you have any questions about assistance with something in particular such as housing, energy, water, or gas bill.  Send me a message and I can probably guide you in the right direction for resources.

***Information provided by Need Help Paying Bills****


3 Responses to "Need Help Paying Bills"

Hello, thank you for your blog. I am a white, gay, male 42, homeless in a shelter that is not very helpful for me, I have hiv, I need assitance paying my storage bill, and my cell phone bill which both are passed due. I have a cat. I have chase bank bill of 200…ugh…. but my storage, and cell phone back on, and chase bank bill are three major concerns. I am appealing my SSI denial, I get GR 199 and food stamps…Among many other things…. please help if you can. JG, Hollywood CA
verizon 511.00
storage 429.00
ChaseBank 200.00

Well here is a website with great resources many of the organizations can assist you financially Also. If you need housing assistance check out Hope these resources help.

If you need assistance with housing check out and also check out for programs that can assist you. Hope this helps.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

%d bloggers like this: